India has defeated Pakistan by 228 runs in the super 4 of Asia Cup. In the rain-interrupted match on the second day of the Reserve Day, Pakistan’s batsmen struggled against the Indian bowlers and were all out in 128 runs, and India won the match by a margin of 228 runs.
IND vs PAK Match Highlights:
In the India vs Pakistan match of Super 4 of the Asia Cup being played in Colombo (Sri Lanka), the Indian team won the toss and scored 356 runs for 2 wickets in the first 50 overs played. From India’s side Virat 122, KL Rahul 111, captain Rohit 56 runs and Shubman Gill scored 58 runs.
The entire Pakistan team, having set a target of 356 runs, was all out in 128 runs. None of Pakistan’s batsmen could stay on the crease and one after the other all the players returned to the pavilion. Opener batsman Fakhar Zaman scored the most runs for Pakistan, he added 26 runs and went bold on Kuldeep Yadav’s googly ball.
Player of the Match
Virat Kohli’s batting display in the match was truly exceptional, earning him the well-deserved title of Player of the Match. He showcased his remarkable skills, scoring a magnificent 122 runs off 94 deliveries. Kohli’s century was a masterclass in modern-day cricket, reaffirming his status as one of the world’s finest batter. His performance undoubtedly played a pivotal role in India’s victory in this thrilling contest, and it was a testament to his unmatched talent and dedication to the game.
Kuldeep Shines by his Mysterious bowling
Kuldeep Yadav delivered a brilliant performance, taking 5 crucial wickets in the match against Pakistan. His skillful spin and ability to pick wickets at crucial junctures significantly bolstered India’s bowling attack, making him a standout performer.
Notable Facts from IND vs PAK Match:
Here are some noteworthy facts from today’s India vs. Pakistan ODI match:
- India achieved its biggest-ever win against Pakistan in ODIs, surpassing their previous record of a 140-run victory in Mirpur back in 2008.
- Virat Kohli reached an incredible milestone by accumulating 13,000 runs in his ODI career, solidifying his status as one of the modern cricket greats.
- Kohli’s remarkable batting was further highlighted by his 47 centuries in ODI cricket, a clear sign of his consistency and brilliance.
- Kuldeep Yadav celebrated a significant achievement, taking his 100th wicket in ODIs, showcasing his growing reputation as a wicket-taking bowler.
- Virat Kohli’s outstanding performance earned him the Player of the Match award (4 times), making him the player with the most Player of the Match honors in the ODI format of the Asia Cup.
- Pakistan displayed targetless batting, posting the third-lowest score against India in ODI cricket. On the flip side, Pakistan’s lowest-ever score against India in ODIs remains 84, a record set during a match in Sharjah back in 1985.
- Kuldeep Yadav’s exceptional bowling display made him only the third bowler to achieve a 5-wicket haul against Pakistan in ODI cricket, underscoring his influence as a match-winning bowler.
In the inning of Pakistan, rain once again played a crucial role, affecting the game for the second time. While India had posted a challenging total of 356/2 in their innings, Pakistan faced a formidable task as they stepped out to bat.
Pakistan struggled to find their footing in this match. Opening batsman Fakhar Zaman was the highest scorer for Pakistan, but he faced difficulties against India’s bowlers and managed 26 runs. Aagha Salman and Iftikar Ahmed chipped in with 23 runs each.
The Indian bowlers capitalized on the weather conditions and maintained a tight grip on the game, not allowing the Pakistani batters to flourish. Chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav was the star with his magical deliveries, taking an impressive 5 wickets. Additionally, Hardik Pandya, Jasprit Bumrah, and Shardul Thakur each contributed with 1 wicket apiece.
India’s innings have been nothing short of exceptional as they steadily built their way towards a formidable total. At the time of writing, they have reached a commanding 356/2 in their 50 overs, showcasing their dominance with the bat.
Today the Indian team did not lose a single wicket after playing from 147 runs, Virat Kohli and KL Rahul performed well and completed their respective centuries and were not out till the end. Virat contributed 122 runs in 94 balls and KL Rahul contributed 111 runs in 106 balls.
India’s Batting Performance:
- KL Rahul and Virat Kohli Shine: The star-studded Indian lineup was led by the dynamic duo of KL Rahul and Virat Kohli. Both batsmen showcased their class and skill, hitting fifties to lead India’s charge. KL Rahul’s explosive innings of 111* runs and Virat Kohli’s sublime 122* have been the backbone of India’s innings.
- Best Partnership: The highlight of India’s innings has been the impressive partnership between KL Rahul and Virat Kohli. Together they completed an unbeaten partnership of 233 runs. Their partnership has not only steadied the ship after an early wicket but also put India in a commanding position. This partnership has the potential to be a game-changer in this clash.
Pakistan’s Bowling Performance:
- Naseem Shah’s Resilience: Pakistan’s pace sensation, Naseem Shah, has been a standout performer for his side. At this stage, he has been excellent, conceding just six runs off one over. His accuracy and pace have troubled the Indian batsmen, and Pakistan will be looking up to him for more breakthroughs.
- Spinners Face Challenges: Pakistan’s spin department, led by Iftikhar Ahmed, had a challenging outing. Virat Kohli took the attack to the spinner, collecting crucial boundaries. The spinner leaked runs, contributing to India’s healthy run rate.
- Haris Rauf’s Absence: Pakistan suffered a significant blow with the absence of speedster Haris Rauf due to injury concerns. This absence could be a critical factor in India’s quest for a massive total.
Yesterday, Match stopped due to rain
The highly anticipated India vs. Pakistan match on September 11, 2023, was marred by rain, forcing officials to call off play. India, who won the toss and elected to bat, had made a promising start, reaching 147 for 2 after 24.1 overs when the weather intervened. The cricketing world will now have to wait until the reserve day, Monday, September 12, 2023, at 3 PM IST, to witness the continuation of this exciting encounter.
India’s opening pair, Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill, laid a solid foundation for their team by stitching together a formidable 93-run partnership for the first wicket. Rohit Sharma played a composed innings, scoring 56 runs off 53 deliveries, while Shubman Gill displayed his prowess with a brisk 58 off 52 balls. At the time of the rain interruption, the Indian captain, Virat Kohli, remained unbeaten on 8 runs, and KL Rahul was at the crease with 17 runs to his name.
On the bowling front, Pakistan’s Shadab Khan and Shaheen Afridi managed to break through the Indian batting lineup, taking one wicket each. However, their efforts were cut short by the inclement weather, leaving the cricketing fraternity eagerly awaiting the resumption of this high-stakes match.
As the India vs. Pakistan clash in the Asia Cup 2023 continues, it’s evident that the Indian batters are determined to post a mammoth total on the board. However, Pakistan’s bowlers, especially Naseem Shah, have shown resilience in the face of adversity. Cricket fans around the world eagerly await the rest of this thrilling encounter, hoping for more fireworks from both sides.